2014年6月30日 星期一

Starting my own business

Janko At Warp Speed redesign

Some time ago I decided to take up new challenges and next week I am going freelance and starting my small business. I am leaving my company with which I will keep good relationship and where I met some truly great people. However, I feel it is time for me to continue chasing my dreams.


I have been working for years for different companies and besides my day job I handled multiple freelance projects. It worked for quite some time but it wasn’t sustainable in the long term. At one point, the amount of work exceeded my free time and energy and after I nearly burned out I realized it’s time to make a change. Luckily, I met some wonderful people and have truly fantastic projects, some of which you could’ve seen on my dribbble stream. I’m eager to continue working on the current projects and to start a couple of new exciting ones. Most of the future projects will be team work – some of my colleagues designers will work closely with me in various aspects of design process.


My moleskin is full of article ideas which I haven’t had time to tackle but I plan to fix this in the near future. After all, I neglected this blog completely for the last 10 months! I will write about UI/interaction design principles and practical things I learned, thoughts on design research & usability testing and observations about being an in-house UX person.


One of the goals is to redesign my portfolio


This site will also need some work and the focus will be on my portfolio. Currently it says nothing about design processes and decisions I’ve taken on projects so I find it more or less useless. Also it lacks most of the recent work. Each project in portfolio will consist of a short case study and sreenshots that will reveal more details.


It will probably be hard, but more important is that it will be fun, and I am determined to do something really good. We’ll see how it goes.


Article publié pour la première fois le 13/12/2011


沒有留言: