Fb is diving into the connectivity hardware enterprise, saying the formation of a brand new group, Constructing eight, to be led by former Google government Regina Dugan.
Dugan—pictured with Fb chief know-how officer Mike Schroepfer and co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg—most just lately led Google’s superior know-how and tasks group. Previous to Google, she served as director of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
Zuckerberg launched Constructing eight and revealed Dugan’s rent in a post:
I am excited to announce that we have began a brand new group at Fb referred to as Constructing eight, targeted on constructing new hardware merchandise to advance our mission of connecting the world.
This staff will probably be led by Regina Dugan, who most just lately led the superior know-how and tasks group at Google, and earlier than that was the director of DARPA.
I am excited to have Regina apply DARPA-fashion breakthrough improvement on the intersection of science and merchandise to our mission. This technique is characterised by aggressive, fastened timelines, in depth use of partnerships with universities, small and enormous companies and clear goals for delivery merchandise at scale.
We’ll be investing a whole lot of individuals and tons of of hundreds of thousands of dollars into this effort over the subsequent few years. I am excited to see breakthroughs on our 10-yr roadmap in augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence, connectivity and different essential areas.
Dugan additionally mentioned her transfer in a post of her personal (embedded under):
As we speak is a bittersweet day for me.
I’m on the one hand tremendously excited. Constructing eight is a chance to do what I really like most … tech infused with a way of our humanity. Audacious science delivered at scale in merchandise that really feel virtually magic. A bit badass. And delightful. There’s a lot to construct
The post Google’s Regina Dugan to Lead Fb’s New Connectivity Hardware Group appeared first on DICKLEUNG DESIGN GROUP.

沒有留言:
張貼留言